WHY HAVE FAMILY DEVOTIONS?
What are Family Devotions?
Gathering your family together daily to read God's Word,
pray, and worship God.
Why is it important? Because...
1. It will strengthen our marriage and family ties (Joshua 1:8 and Isaiah 59:21).
2. It is the greatest way to make sure our children are daily filled with God's Word ( Colossians 3:16). It's only the truth of God's Word that fortifies them and saves them from the deceptions of our humanistic society.
3. It is the best way to make sure we pray together as a family--for one another, for our nation, for Israel, for the nations of the world, and for all those in need (2 Chronicles 7:14 and 1 Timothy 2:1-3).
4. It is only right that each new day we give time to honor and worship God and to sit and listen to Him speak to us. We should gather as a family morning and evening (Psalm 92:1-2).
5. It is imperative for the blessing of the nation! When families no longer take time to pray and read God's Word together, the family weakens. And when the family weakens, the nation weakens (Psalm 1:1-3 and Jeremiah 10:25).
6. It brings the presence of God to your home (Exodus 20:24).
Nancy Campbell, www.aboverubies.org
Check out these links: