Above Rubies Daily Encouragement Blogs
Through the weekly and daily devotionals you can be constantly encouraged in your great role of parenting, the highest career in the nation. You can also stay updated on what's happening with the Above Rubies ministry.
THE GOLDEN MINISTRY, No. 11.
The altar of incense had to be FOURSQAURE (Exodus 30:2). The ministry of prayer, revealed through the golden altar of incense is an all-important doctrine. The teaching on the furniture of the tabernacle revealed six of the most important doctrines in Scripture:
1. THE BRAZEN ALTAR – Calvary, where Jesus, the Lamb of God shed His precious blood for our sons.
2. THE BRAZEN LAVER – Baptism and the washing by the Word of God.
3. THE GOLDEN LAMPSTAND - The ministry of the Holy Spirit shedding light upon Christ in the Word of God.
4. THE GOLDEN TABLE OF SHEWBREAD upon which THE PRESENCE BREAD WAS PLACED – Jesus Christ, the Living Bread.
5. THE GOLDEN ALTAR OF INCENSE – The ministry of prayer, praise, worship, and intercession.
6. THE ARK OF THE COVENANT – The Shekinah presence of God and His covenant mercy.
We must understand that Jesus Christ was the primary truth which these types and symbols represented.
The golden altar of incense was the closest piece of furniture to the Holy of Holies and therefore we understand its great importance.
Foursquare means that each of the four corners are in perfect line with each corner. Foursquare also means that the length equals the width. All truth must balance and line up with all other major truths. The ministry of prayer and worship cannot be lopsided but must line up with the importance of other truths in the sight of God.
Therefore, we must ask ourselves the question. Is prayer and worship as important as other doctrines in our individual lives, our family, and the church we attend?
Prayer and worship are revealed as an important doctrine in the tabernacle at the beginning of Israel’s history as the church in the wilderness. Also mentioned repeatedly in the New Testament by both our Lord and Savior and church leaders.
Are we foursquare on this major doctrine or not?